But first a quiz! Which state will begin casting the first votes on Monday, February 3rd for the Democratic Presidential Nomination? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT! Hint – it’s now Iowa.
Now for our takeaways. Click on the links to see the full data.
- U.S. Economic Growth in 2019 was 2.3%
- The federal budget deficit in 2019 was $1.02 trillion. Or $1,200,000,000,000.
- U.S. National Debt Clock keeps running $23.2 Trillion and counting!
- China’s economy grew at slowest pace in 30 years – and that was before the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell says the Fed is watching the Coronavirus “very closely.”
- The German economy is close to a recession as it grew at 0.6% in 2019.
- U.S manufacturing was in a mild RECESSION in 2019.
- And the Yield Curve (historic recession indicator) is close to Inverting – Again.
- U.S. national average for gallon of gas is $2.49. In 2008, the high price was $4.11/gallon or $4.88 in today’s dollars. How fun would $4.88 a gallon be? (whisper voice – Thanks, fracking! shhh…)
- National Generic Ballot for Democrats last three weeks +4, +1, and now +8.
- Trump Disapproval numbers were going down but moved up after the Bolton book revelation.
- U.S life expectancy ticked up last year for the first time in four years.
- 2018 – U.S.Murders 15,498, Suicides 48,344, and Overdose Deaths 67,000. Click here to see where Virginia ranks in areas of health. One glaring stat – we are #40 for mental health providers.
- According to UVA’s Weldon Cooper Center – Virginia has net OUT-Migration for six years in a row.
And how about Gallup’s survey of workers? 51% are looking for new jobs and 67% are DISengaged at work.
Gallup CEO Jim Clifton’s book The Coming Jobs War. (Highly recommend every policy maker read this!)
Need help connecting all that data for your team’s success?
JOIN. Virginia. FREE!
Daily Radio Show for everyone at 4-5pm: Listen HERE!
Friday Webinar for members at 3pm: REGISTER HERE